A HANDBOOK OF SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD FOR PLANNING
SAP Analytics Cloud is one simple cloud solution for BI, Planning and Predictive. It connects people, information, and ideas to enable fast and confident decision making.
While configuring SAP Analytics Cloud to suit your business needs, if you have any questions such as how do I connect my data sources to SAP Analytics Cloud, how do I procure a test tenant to test my configuration before I deploy it to my productive tenant, how do I preview the upcoming product updates, where do I get information about product roadmap, what are the best practices regarding SAP Analytics Cloud for my industry, can I make use of available business content to jump start my implementation etc. then there are many resources available to you where these and such other questions are answered. The objective of this blog to provide you a single place where you can get directed to the right source for the answers. SAP Analytics Cloud releases customer updates once every quarter and you may see corresponding updates to this blog every quarter. The topics in this handbook are organized based on relevance and queries received from customers and partners.
1. Training and Enablement
There are many training resources available to you. These include webinars organized by SAP and ASUG, periodic product updates and training courses organized by SAP Education.
- You can get information about an introductory courses pertaining to SAP Analytics Cloud at: http://training.sap.com/course/sac01-introduction-to-sap-analytics-cloud-classroom-017-us-en/
- SAP Training also offers an advanced course on SAP Analytics Cloud for planning. You can get more information at: http://training.sap.com/course/sacp20-sap-analytics-cloud-for-planning-classroom-017-g-en/
2. Support for SAP Analytics Cloud
If you need additional support for SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning, you can post your questions to the SAP Analytics Cloud community or chat with an SAP Support Expert or report an incident.
- Application help is available at: http://help.sap.com/doc/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/index.html?
SAP Analytics Cloud Community
- You can post your question and see the already answered questions at SAP analytics Cloud Community at: http://www.sap.com/community/tag.html?id=819703369010316911100650199149950
Chat with SAP Support Expert
- You can chat with SAP Product Expert at: http://launchpad.support.sap.com/
Report an incident
- You can report an incident at: http://support.sap.com/en/index.html
3. Best Practices and How-to Guides
There are many resources available regarding the best practices and how-to guides for SAP Analytics Cloud
Best practices for SAP Analytics Cloud
- You can access the best practices regarding SAP Analytics Cloud at: http://www.sapanalytics.cloud/welcome/#BestPractices
- You can get more information about best practices pertaining to life cycle management of SAP Analytics Cloud at: http://blogs.sap.com/2018/11/05/lifecycle-management-sap-analytics-cloud-concepts-and-workflows-webcast-recap-with-qa/
How-to guides and detailed documentation
Below are the resources available to get guided playlists of various features of SAP Analytics Cloud, training videos and detailed documentation
- Guided playlists are available at: http://www.sapanalytics.cloud/guided_playlists/
- Training videos: http://www.sapanalytics.cloud/videos/
- Subscribe to SAP Analytics Cloud channel on Youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs5htBIwERYWSixKSqQHzndop33aBCz1U
- Detailed documentation about advanced formulas and data actions at: http://help.sap.com/doc/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/search.html?search=advanced%20formulas
4. Data Integration
SAP Analytics Cloud can connect to data sources with two types of connections. One is Live Data connection where the data can be accessed real time without any physical data transfer and without data leaving the customer’s firewall. The following figure shows the live data connections available today.
The other type of data connection is import data connection which can be used to acquire data into SAP Analytics Cloud. The following figure shows the import data connectors currently available out of the box.
At present SAP Analytics Cloud requires data to be acquired for planning purposes; however, data that is needed for analytics purposes only can be accessed with live data connection. Furthermore, you can create blended analytics on data from live and import data connections. You can get more information about live and import data connections to various data sources including the necessary pre-requisites for data connections at: http://www.sapanalytics.cloud/learning/data-connections/.
5. Search known issues and limitations
You can refer to the following for the known limitations in features of SAP Analytics Cloud and data connections:
- Known Limitations to Application Design
- Limitations to SAP Universe Live Data Connections
- Limitations to SAP HANA and SAPCP Live Data Connections
- Supported Features and Known Limitations to SAP BPC Live Data Connections
6. Enhancement Requests
You can submit enhancement requests or requests for new features at: http://www.sap.com/about/customer-involvement/influence-adopt.html
7. Roadmaps, What’s New, Release Schedule
- The product roadmap is available at: http://www.sapanalytics.cloud/product_updates/
- You can know more about quarterly release schedule of SAP Analytics Cloud at: http://www.sapanalytics.cloud/release-cycle/
8. Business Content (SAP and Partner)
- Business content for SAP Analytics Cloud includes content developed by SAP as well as by partners. Business content developed by SAP is aimed at providing a jump start to your SAP Analytics Cloud implementation. It can be activated from within the product itself by navigating from the main menu to Browse-Files-Content Library-Business Content. You should import the content to your tenant, make a copy of it and configure it to suit your requirements. The information about the SAP developed business content can be accessed at: http://www.sapanalytics.cloud/learning/business-content/
- If you are an SAP partner, you can develop, publish and sell content for SAP Analytics Cloud. The information about how to publish and sell your app on SAP App Center: http://static.sapappcenter.com/list-app.html#tabs-section_954719454-tabscontainer-4
- SAP qualified partner package solutions can be found at: http://www.sap.com/partner/partner-package-finder.html
9. Tenants (Trial, Test and Preview)
A trial tenant is not the same as a test or a preview tenant. Trial tenants are the tenants that you can have for a limited time for trying out SAP Analytics Cloud. A test tenant is a tenant that a customer can choose to have in addition to the production tenant to test new configuration before deploying the same on the productive tenant. Preview tenants are the tenants which a customer can have to preview the upcoming product updates. You can opt to upgrade a test tenant to a preview tenant. The following links give the necessary information about test tenants, preview tenants and upgrading the test tenants to preview tenants.
- Trial tenants and pricing of production tenants: http://www.sapanalytics.cloud/plans/
- Preview tenants: http://www.sapanalytics.cloud/preview-release/
- To obtain a test tenant: http://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2622440
- How to update test tenant to preview release: http://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/public/en/2652439